29 Mar Inside Visitation Policy as of 3/29/2021
Ohio requires each congregate site to develop an Inside Visitation Policy that will define specific guidelines based on the situation of their community and/or individual resident situations and safety. Additionally, residents and families will receive education on the importance of following visit protocols that have been initiated to maintain the safety of residents, visitors and staff. This policy will be maintained and revised as needed or directed. Residents and families will be notified by mail, email, phone, Edgewater Facebook or website of changes to the Inside Visitation Policy.
Each community is empowered to develop their visitation policy according to but not limited to the following factors:
• Physical plant. Availability of sufficient indoor space and configuration of the space.
• Staff availability for monitoring visits/supervising sanitation station and visitor screening.
• Availability of face coverings.
• Resident characteristics, both the resident population as a whole and for specific residents.
• Case status in surrounding community; Case status in the facility; staffing levels; access to adequate testing for residents, staff, PPE supplies, local hospital capacity.
• Substantial compliance with testing requirements.
• Visitation must be temporarily halted, due to COVID-19 in the building and/or greater community.
• All visits must be scheduled, visitors screened for COVID, contact information taken and facility staff will take visitor(s) temperature. The facility will maintain a log of visitors. The log will be retained in accordance with state and federal record retention requirements.
• All visitors and residents must wear masks, procedural or surgical provided by the facility. The facility will not permit any visitation to occur if visitors are not wearing an appropriate face covering.
• Visitation may take place in a designated indoor visitation area or resident’s apartment; staff will escort visitors to designated visitation area.
• While social distancing is encouraged during visits, fully vaccinated residents can have contact with visitors if they choose, hand hygiene should take place before and after visits.
• No more than two visitors shall be permitted per resident per visit.
• Visits must be scheduled with the facility in advance. The length of time allotted for the visit is one hour. Visitors will be escorted to and from the designated visitation area by facility staff.
• Visitors will not have access to restrooms – please plan accordingly.
• The facility will continue to utilize outdoor visitation areas as weather permits.
Reservations are required by calling, 614/873-9700, and will be made based on availability. Visitors should arrive promptly and sign in at the front desk. Staff will escort visitors to the visitation area. Residents and visitors must remain in the visit area for the duration of the one-hour visit.
The time schedule for visitation is as follows:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday:
10:00am – 11:00am
12:45pm – 1:45pm
2:00pm – 3:00pm
3:15pm – 4:15pm
Saturday & Sunday:
10:30am – 11:30pm
11:45am – 12:45pm
1:00pm – 2:00pm
*No visitation is scheduled on Wednesday.
It’s important that we move ahead responsibly, maintaining the safety of everyone as we slowly and thoughtfully begin inside visitation under state mandates and guidelines.