16 Nov Core Principles of Infection Prevention
Edgewater Place will define best practices for infection prevention during the COVID-19 crisis or any pandemic event. Edgewater Place will continue to follow federal, state and local guidance for each phase to safely and effectively reopen America. Everyone has a role in making sure our communities are as safe as possible as we move back to our normal lifestyle or create a new normal.
• The facility will follow the Ohio state mandated COVID-19 testing schedule for staff, every two weeks, and residents, strategically, working in conjunction with the local health department.
• Testing results will be implemented and monitored using the COVID Census Log and the COVID Tracking spreadsheets for staff and residents.
• The facility will take into account the county COVID positivity rating determined by the state of Ohio and the current situation in the facility in determining whether to safely maintain indoor visitation or to suspend it for a time period.
• All visitors will enter through the Main Entrance of the building. Employees and large deliveries will enter through the Service entrance in the back of the building.
• Screening of all who enter the facility for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 (temperature checks, questions/observations about signs/symptoms), and denial of entry of those with signs or symptoms.
• Hand hygiene; education information posted in public restrooms, resident bathrooms, employee breakrooms and kitchen.
• Face covering or mask; covering mouth and nose.
• Social distancing at least six feet between persons.
• Educational signage throughout the facility on COVID-19 signs and symptoms and infection control precautions.
• Cleaning and disinfecting high frequency touched surfaces in the facility often and designated visitation areas after each visit.
• Appropriate staff use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
• Effective co-horting of residents; separate areas dedicated to COVID-19 care.
• The Novaerus Units safeguard residents, staff and visitors from harmful disease outbreaks caused by airborne viruses, bacteria, allergens and mold. Unit maintenance by Environmental Services Director.
• This plan will be maintained and revised as needed or directed.